A Great and Terrible Beauty...

I think this book is seriously underrated and not known well enough. With all the Twilight love out there, people really need to know about this trilogy. These are Libba Bray's first three novels, and I think she's done fantastically. (Though I didn't really find fault with Stephenie Meyer's writing style, and apparently that's awful. Which, now that I've been enlightened, I've been noticing as I finish out the Twilight series.)
Libba Bray is one of those witty, quirky writers, and it definitely shows in her take of Victorian Era boarding school girls who hold the keys to another realm. (They aren't witches or vampires... I'm not entirely sure how to describe them, but... well just read it and you'll see, haha.) She maintains the setting of the era, but the dialogue is somehow modern at the time.
But seriously, people need to know about these books, because they're fantastic: A Great and Terrible Beauty, Rebel Angels, and The Sweet Far Thing.



Lo siento, pero no necesitas saber todos que dije. Dije que los libros de Libba Bray son muy buenos, y los debes leer! haha

xoxo

No comments: