Givenchy

Bonjour,
Hm... so I've just finished watching Paris-When It Sizzles, and I have to say I fell in love with just about all of Audrey Hepburn's outfits in that movie! I know she had a lifelong friendship with Hubert Givenchy, and he designed pretty much all her wardrobe. Here are some takes from the movie... I love the the pink dress at the end!



(The last outfit, that's like a pale green skirt. She has on a matching jacket, but I couldn't find a good enough picture.)
Anyhow, Givenchy designed these outfits (and the perfume she wears!), so it got be rather interested in what Givenchy is sending down the runways today, as pretty much everything I've seen Audrey Hepburn wear is beautiful, simple, and flawless. I've always liked Chanel, Michael Kors, and Vera Wang, but I haven't given a whole lot of thought to Givenchy, though I know the name. As a result, I went to style.com to look at his most recent collection for Fall 2008.
Over all, I found a little bit of what Audrey wears, but mostly this collection reminded me strongly of Christian's final show in Project Runway. What do you think?



Here are some dresses I liked. I adore the first one; it's so simple, but the cut of the sleeves and the little design at the center jsut add something to it. The second one I like because it's babydoll cut and lace (two things I love as well). I think it would make anyone who isn't decently thin with long legs, though, look big. The white dress is different, but for some reason I'm liking it. It reminds me of somehow taking a large tuxedo shirt and cutting it up.

These are my two favorite dresses of the bunch. The first one is my all time favorite. I think the one sleeve expose enough skin on the top to balance out the cut of the material. I wish I owned it! I also love the second one, due to the cut of the sleeves, but without the gold jewelry, I don't think it would work quite as well.


Here are some of the outfits for those who aren't fans of dresses. All the pants are pretty much fitted and skinny, something I'd never wear. (Some of the pants are even leather, not for me). See what I mean by the similarities to Christian's? I am a fan of the flourished blouse with simple black pants. The first picture, the light purple blouse, is the only color besides black, white, or maybe brown in the whole collection, I believe. I definitely like the last shirt the best, but the middle outfit seems to catch my attention the most.

For the last two outfits: The first one is my ideal of a tuxedo shirt and black pants. So simple, yet perfect. The second one is a trench, very Hepburn, no? I like the white shirt peeking from the collar, and, of course, the black boots.
What do you think of Givenchy/Hepburn and Givenchy now? Does anyone know if it's still actually Givenchy designing still or others? (That might sound like a dumb question)

No comments: