ballet
















I am determined to learn the basics of ballet. Well kind of. I love, love how beautiful the dancers look and how graceful they appear, leaping across the stage. My friend dances ballet, and she's taught me a few things (like the five positions), and I'm trying to teach myself all the other moves (aka plies, grande plies, small jumps, etc) so I can dance around my basement doing them. Haha
And after trying a few moves and finding myself a little winded, I know I'll get a good workout from it too.
Pictures: weheartit.com

3 comments:

Diana said...

Ballet is so beautiful. I live literally right next to a ballet school and the building I live in dorms a lot of the students. I always feel so frumpy when I am stuck in the elevator with them.

You should try those cheesy 80's videos. It sounds lame, but they are so helpful.

Jimena said...

you should try ballet out... even if you never get to become a ballerina, it will do wonders for your posture. I used to do modern dance (before I hurt my back) and the change you feel in the way you move is just amazing. xx

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

These images are so stunning. I was a ballet girl--I danced for 10 years all the way to pointe shoes...