bette davis eyes


I don't believe I've heard the original, but I really like this new version by Leighton Meester. She sounds very un-Blair (who knew? the actress behind the preppy queen of primetime tv is really a bit of a rock star), and I definitely like it.
Side note: I feel like I've been following the doings of Leighton Meester a lot lately (compared to others). Perhaps she's replacing Rachel Bilson in my book? While the biggest news from Bilson (to me) is that she's engaged and starring a movie (sometime in the future) with the celebrity love of my life, Tom Sturridge, Leighton is starring as my biggest fashion inspiration and planning to come out with sounds like this... Hm, or there's always room for two inspiration like these two. =)
What do you guys think? Yay or nay?

3 comments:

Diana said...

Personally, I love them both. I can see similarities, but why not have two? :)

Flashes of Style said...

I love Leighton :)

Ella Gregory said...

Wow she sounds really good. I like this a lot. She seriously trumps Serena/Blake. Not that I don't think Blake is fab, but Leighton is really cool.