{friday finds}: the beautiful life

ok so not my usual ff feature,
but hey friday finds is a pretty open topic.
and i want to give justice to one of my new shows
The Beautiful LifeI'll give you the flaws first,
because apparently there are a ton:
-their ages are a tad too young
{sara's sixteen? yeah right! i'm older than that!}
-some of the lines delivered were slightly wooden
-there is no real wit or spice to the show--yet
-the character's aren't exactly fresh
{innocent blonde girl? fresh from the farm hottie?}
BUT there are a lot of pros to this show
-it's obvious focus on fashion and the modeling world
-it has sara paxton and mischa barton in it
-the british girl is funny as anything
-it's got that same glamorous feel of gossip girl
-it doesn't pretend to be witty or smart, etc
{ie, the writers obviously know they don't have "Veronica Mars" here}Over all, if you want a smart show, watch something else
If you want fun, fashion eye candy and pretty faces
And some designer appearances {ie Zac Posen}
And a modeling show without Tyra Banks bragging about herself
Come watch the Beautiful Life.
i know i will.

8 comments:

noone said...

haha cool. I'm not a fan of Mischa Barton, but I do like shows where I don't have to think much about so I think this show would be good for me! LOL

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

The acting was a bit off for me and I don't get why the main girl was SO nice...I mean, she went above and beyond normalcy. Still, it could be my next guilty pleasure if it picks up.

Eliza said...

i think it must be really nice, i'm looking forward to it. i love sara paxton <3

Cafe Fashionista said...

I need to see this. The adverts alone make me giddy. Great review! :)

E said...

I think I need to give this a try, just for mindless entertainment. i'm dubious, but I bet it could be fun :-)

Tina { Luphia Loves... } said...

hi :)

you are the lucky winner of my last week's giveaway! you've won $25 to spend on any single item in http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5954689, please let me know your delivery address and your choice of item at blog@luphia.com and i'll pass on the info to the etsy seller.

thanks!
tina x

Frank&Rémy said...

is it any good? Ive heard so much about it. Ill definitely give it a shot soon

have a wonderful weekend dear!

xx

yiqin; said...

OMG I will def catch it. Need a new show to watch.