Fashion on TV

Buona Sera,

Alright, so in anticipation for season 2 of Gossip Girl, and the pilots of Privileged, 90210, and The Ex-List, (plus many others), I have been thinking about the role fashion plays in some of my favorite movies and tv shows. I mean, "Sex and the City," "The OC" anyone? Not to mention The Devil Wears Prada, Clueless, or (to me) Enchanted.
Clueless
Soo... despite the fact that this movie has been out for...thirteen years, I only just saw it last year on TV. (I know, I'm incredibly late) BUT, nevertheless, a decade plus late, I STILL thought some of her outfits were completely adorable, and I love, love, love her hair. I remember the center outfit she wore to school, and than Amber wore to a party... haha Oh, Cher, always a style icon.
The Devil Wears Prada

I love this movie! I like it even more than the book, which was more a rant on a job than an actual plot,and the outfits are so cute. You know, writing this now, I realize how many trends it had going on before the rest of the world really took notice. Like I remember thinking her first outfit was kinda odd the first time I saw it, but leather pants and blazers are all teh rage now... The second outfit was my favorite in the movie; I just really loved that dress. And of course, I love trench coats, so the last one was amazing. The black gown she wears is also gorgeous.

"Gossip Girl"

Oh, Gossip Girl, forever an addiction. I've read the books, and anticipated the show like mad crazy. And I have to say, that the show and books are very different, but I love them both (maybe the show even more). I LOVE Blair Warldof's fashion. I mean every outfit she wears, I'm madly in love with to the point where I wish I could recreate it. I don't know why, but my favorite outfit(s) of all time were is the first picture. It's just something about backless, structured dresses and nude pumps...

Sex and the City

Oh, where would fashion in TV be without Sex & the City? I have to say, style wise, Charlotte was always my favorite. Maybe I was destined to be a Park Avenue Princess.... haha Even preggers, she looks gorgeous in this polka dot dress. I took a quiz once that said I was most like SJP's Carrie, which I get, but Samantha was always my fave character because she was so confident in herself and knew what she wanted.

All for now.
xoxo

No comments: